Beginning Tuesday, November 30, 2010, the SFMTA Taxi Services will begin accepting A-Card renewals. To avoid penalty fees and to avoid having your A-Card closed out for Non-Payment, we encourage all taxi drivers to renew their A-Cards in a timely manner.
WHEN to Pay?
Drivers must renew their a-cards by January 31 to avoid penalty fees.
PENALTIES FOR NON-PAYMENT
• Payments made beginning November 30- Jan 31: No penalty fee
• Payments made beginning February 1 - 28: 10% penalty fee
• Payments made beginning March 1 - 30: 15% penalty fee
• Payments made beginning April 1 – April 30: Drivers must complete an application for a Public Passenger Vehicle Driver Permit (A-Card), pay applicable filing fee, license fee and 25% penalty fee
• Failure to submit payment by May 1, 2011 the permit shall expire by operation of law. Drivers must obtain a new permit pursuant to MPC Section 1089 and pay all applicable fees.
Office Hours for A-Card Renewal:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only between 9:00-11:30am and 2:00-4:00pm
*We are closed Dec. 2 and Dec. 27-31 and unless otherwise stated.
WHERE to Pay?
Payments can be made at the SFMTA Taxi Services 1 South Van Ness Ave, 1st Floor – Drivers must check in with the security desk first and will be given instruction upon arrival.
The current renewal fee is $88.50 + any outstanding fees from previous years
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency San Francisco Municipal Railway | Department of Parking & Traffic | Division of Taxis & Accessible Services One S. Van Ness Avenue, Seventh Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 | Tel: 415.701.4400 | Fax: 415.701.5437 | www.sfmta.com